View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypt View Post
Its amazing how you know how much I use my car/s/s/ when I never see you at the events???
What The??? Wow you have taken that personally. It was not intended as a personal insult or attack. But you are certainly quick to insult and attack me.

These days I only attend the race events where our cars are competing. The last event I saw you at was the Cobra Nationals in October.

What I was saying is that the kit car type race cars in our club (because that is the type of race car we are basically talking about here) are used only a few times a year and let's be honest how often does someone use a club raced kit car type race car an average per year? Getting to 6 events in one year would be a big effort for most. And there is nothing wrong with that. Just trying to put the use into perspective.

Quote:
And its a pretty big call saying that the V8 Superfart guys running the Full River HC28 have it wrong?
Come on, how many race km's does a typical V8 Supercar do in a year? How many km's does a club racer above do in a year? V8 Supercars would do 100 times more km's, V8 Supercar probably does 1000 times more hours of use and running than a club racer. Are we comparing apples with apples? And how many times do they change their batteries, every season, maybe more?

And if the V8 Supercars use them, doesn't that say something about their quality?

Quote:
So whether its in a race car only "used a few times a year" or anything else for that matter they highly recommend their batteries for race car use and also recommend a strict regime of how to look after it.
But I offered my opinion. Doesn't have to be the same as anyone else.

And considering the problems you had with them, doesn't that line up with our recommendations anyway?

Quote:
Chunky knows his stuff with electrics as well and he concurs with my summation of the FR product.
If that's the case why did he recommend to Wazza on the weekend to change to a FullRiver brand battery in his Cobra.

Quote:
And ironically I'm using an old Odyssey battery now that is 3 cars and 7 years old and runs under the same "running a few times a year" regime and hasn't missed a beat.
Good for you. Would you like to see my pile of old Odyssey batteries I have here. None of them lasted anywhere near 7 years and most were treated well and regularly charged.

You left me no choice but to respond as you were essentially attacking the Absolute Pace business and it's choice of products.

We've purchased hundreds of FullRiver batteries, been using FullRiver for more than 6 years.

But we use and recommend them in applications that we believe they suit. And use and recommend them for suit street use in a PACE 427.

Last edited by 400TT; 12-15-2015 at 08:21 PM..