View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dimis, thanks for the link! - I bet I'll see something there for sure.

Glen, I don't know if that's an AC 428, it could very well be - I just snagged the photo off the web. Great photos, the Facel Vega dash IS pretty slick.

Buzz, the AC Mk VI interior is definitely the direction I'm headed in, close to the right level of decadence without going too far, and believe me there are some over the edge imo.

Dash wise, I'm kind of likin' this. I was wondering how the diamond plate dash would go with a "padded" interior, not too bad ...

This one shows there is room for 10 gauges and a glove box (if you replace the stop watches & bottom dial). I have all the Smith gauges, 10 total with the clock. Getting a layout that works is another matter as I want to avoid steering wheel interference.

Interesting quilt work on this Mercedes, hadn't thought about it until I saw it, another option to consider ...

This would be easy if I just bought a DAX roller, seems they do what I'm looking for as a "standard" option. I already mentioned the DAX Tojeiro hood scoop that I like, here are a couple of their interiors ...

I'm getting closer ...

*13*, beauty is in the eye of the beholder - however twisted that may be. My problem is being anal, if I were to go "accurate" then the only way I would really be happy is if I put in the time, money and effort that G-Pete did with his 289, no way in hell will I do that! (I'm a man who knows his limitations). Pete's 289 is one of the best replicas I have ever seen, as cool as they come. Mine will be kewl too but in a different way - and I won't have to worry about "what still needs to be done to make it right". I'm sure the true-blue types have that in the back of their mind all the time. No question my car will be an eye sore to some, but I bet they will let me hang with them if I bring the beer

Last edited by Joe's Garage; 12-16-2015 at 06:31 AM..