View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 11:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic CCX3021 Keith Craft 428fe
Not Ranked     

Thanks damage, it's disheartening to say the least. I can't believe how many things were amiss with your engine, specially considering the cost involved. I'm feeling sorry for the engine builder in Sydney (Bill at BK Racing Engines) who just keeps finding issues with mine. Even the new bloody oil pan had a small hole in the dipstick weld when we first filled it with oil and primed the motor.
Just so I don't mislead anyone the dyno figures were quoted by KC as what my engine would achieve with my intake, carb and headers. Quoted 550/550 but only pulled 446 hp after a fair bit of attempted tuning. Torque dropped off dramatically mid way.The engine builder suspected the cam was off, and was right on the money.
Wife's definitely not happy, after losing the side oiler, and now this ...I promised her that this engine would have no issues because I was getting from a reputable builder ....yeah right...in the dog house again.
Haha....I've gotta laugh so I don't cry ��.
It will all be forgotten once the wind is in my hair again and I'm wrestling the wheel from lock to lock with rubber and bitumen spitting everywhere and thunder from the side pipes striking fear into every critter within cooee.
Life's such an adventure isn't it ?
If there's a next time.......local for sure.

Last edited by Tengu; 12-16-2015 at 11:38 PM..