View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 10:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
Later, Jays efforts to get the TCC involved with Operation Comfort back in 2008-2010 led to the all the Texas Cobra clubs and Lonestar Classics donating tens of thousands of dollars in Cobra build parts (including a LSC Cobra kit), shop equipment, tools etc.
Here is Jay standing on the ramp of Brian Alexander's trailer in 2009 at Operation Comfort just after having received an award presented by Gregg "What's His Name" Herdlitchka for his service and contribution to the OC project. It was a very poignant moment to hear Jay talk about his passion for the wounded soldiers.

Jay and I became acquainted during the time when Hurricane in Arlington, TX melted down and was ultimately revived by the folks at Bowie Manufacturing, solely due to Jay's efforts. He always made time to catch up and swap lies when we were together. He found me at the 2010 Texas Cobra meet where I had my head buried in Holley Dissection 101 and poked me in the side and said "You gonna work on that piece of $h!t or come have a drink?" The next morning my head hurt like hell and my car wouldn't run worth a damn. Guess that's what you'd call a Jay Nordstrom tune-up. I found him to be an amazing historian, a crafty businessman, a passionate Cobra-phile, an avid agitator but most of all an engaging friend to everyone he met. We'll miss you Jay, you won't be forgotten.

Jim