View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 05:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default 289 Expansion Tank

I'm beginning the restoration / modification of my Lincoln expansion tank. As everyone knows, it's not a bolt on piece. I'm assuming that Shelby American sent a blank tank (no inlets or outlets) to their subcontractor who built the tank to their specification. So, I'm going to try to replicate that tank and bracket.

I got the torch and spot weld cutter out and took the Lincoln tank and bracket apart. Below is what I will be using. I'll need to have the neck on the top of the tank rotated 90*, have the outlet on the right side removed and a 5/8" nipple installed, and the hole on the bottom sealed. The part that I'm looking for help on is the bracket. I have some pretty good pictures that show the bracket, but I don't have a good idea on sizes. Does anyone have any key dimensions for the bracket (i.e. overall height, width of top, etc.)? I can ballpark it and get fairly close, but I thought I would check here first to see if anyone had access to an original that may provide some help. I'll post my progress here, assuming there is progress.
Attached Images