View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 04:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Here is where I am at: I had Roger Upton build my headers for my Coyote Engine and he also made some modifications to my hood to accomodate the bigger Coyote engine. Roger is resplashing the nose since he had to do a significant amount of cutting to bring everything into scale. I haven't received my new nose yet so those pictures will be forthcoming.

For the last week or so I have been sorting out the wiring, and vacuum lines in the Coyote which I have installed into the chassis, that has been bolted up to my Tremec T6060 six speed transmission and dual clutch. Some mods to the rear transmission mount had to be made to get everything into alignment.

Additionally, I had Roger Upton do a laser alignment on the entire chassis before we started making any changes to insure everything was perfect. The laser chassis involved minutely moving a couple of the pickup points on the suspension. At this point I believe the chassis and alignment are as perfect as they can be.

In the coming days I will post pictures of my progress on the wiring and plumbing of my coyote engine. Some compromises had to be made in order to accomodate some of the requirements of the Coyote and the addition of AC components.

I know everything is pretty vague right now but it will all come together in the coming weeks.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"