View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 07:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Porsche 928 S4
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clois Harlan View Post
Looks like I am going to have to re-think my rear rotors because the ones I had bought will not work on the rear of my IRS suspension. PN 120-6804 is designed for a 1.25" rotor (which I have and will be selling at bargain basement prices) but in order for me to use this set up I would have to get a set of the custom brackets and hats that Larry Goins made for the JBL competition cobra. The problem is that Larry is not in business any more and the new owner Rudick needs to order speciality parts in bulk and one set is not bulk.
Just to get a few things/facts correct here if you do not mind.

1. Larry Goins/Goins Motorsports has never made any brake parts for the JBL. They were all made in CA at the JBL/SKS facilities and the parts were all for the Comp chassis.

2. As we discussed, the touring chassis was designed to use the standard Ford rear brakes with handbrake. I have never designed any rear brake components specifically for the touring chassis. The specified Wilwood front components as well as MC's were sized for this combination.

3. I offered you the original drawings for the Comp Car hats and mounts (for the .81 X 12.19 Inch rotors) that you could have made locally at any proficient machine shop with a lathe and mill. (For too much money of course)

And finally, Rudick (?) is not the new owner of JBL.

Any announcements relative to this subject will be forthcoming at the proper time from the involved principals.

And please post some more photos. Everyone wants to see your work in progress.

Richard Hudgins