View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 10:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #1474 - VMS 427Xv2
Not Ranked     

After re-reading my original post it seems I may have come off a bit more negative than I had intended. While there are some minor flaws I was merely trying to give an accurate assessment...... but don't get me wrong - I LOVE the car. I have about 250 miles on it now and the grin hasn't come off yet. The only thing that still nags at me is the damn turn signal not canceling all the time ha ha... On a side note I went to Barrett Jackson on Sunday and went by the Hillbank Tent (Superformance dealer). I played dumb and asked the salesman about differences in SPO and BDR. I was expecting him to talk up the SPOs but he was feeding me a bunch of crap about BDRs that I know to be false. Not surprised as they of course want to sell SPOs. I sat in a new SPO and have to admit it was very nice. On a scale of 1-100 (and this is just one man's opinion) if the fit/finish on a BDR is an 85 then then SPO is a 90 (making up the numbers, but the point is the SPO was barely 5 points higher on my 100 point scale). So I'll concede the fit/finish is better on the SPO but personally not worth the extra $20 grand for a fun weekend driver. Not trying to stir anything up, but just my opinion.

Finally, I ordered my personalized plate a couple of weeks ago... might irk the purists on this site since I have the small block based 427 and not the big block 427 FE - but "7LITERS" is on it's way to me from the state. Everything having "427" in it was obviously picked over.