Thread: Lone Star Parts
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 07:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Brewer View Post
No, Lonestar never went out of business. It was just sold and now has a different name, UCC. The cars are the same.
No, the entire car has changed. here's a quote from someone who just bought their new 427GT.

"There are a lot of changes so I will probably miss some. To start the rear cowl is dropped by about 5 inches, the floor pan drop is now cast in, you don't have to cut and glass the new pans in. The dash is not a cast part of the body, it is separate, the front fenders are reshaped to accommodate the headlight assemblies, there is a cast in channel to route the wire harness to the trunk from the passenger compartment, the front grill is reshaped, the lower corners are more square, the body goes down farther on the frame so it is not as visible if at all, the wheel wells front and back are higher on the body so the entire car is dropped about 3 inches in ride height, the scope that is cast into the hood is centered and straight. Attached are photos of my right now, hard to see the actual height since it is still on jack stands.
Yes, the car is purple, some od the photos make it seem blue."