View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     
Default Run To The Sun 2016

Yes there will be a “Run To The Sun 2016”! We have a block of rooms on hold for the group, so make your reservations NOW! The dates are June 24th departing on June 26th. Gloria and I will be staying an extra day and departing on the 27th, you are welcome to join us.

Breakfast will be on Friday the 24th at 10:00 AM in the Silvana, WA area. Details to follow later. We will depart from Silvana and head over Highway 20 to Winthrop and Sun Mountain Lodge (SML). This is always a fun drive. We usually make a couple of stops at view points and comfort. Friday Evening we will meet in the Wolf Creek Bar & Grill for few adult beverages (if you are so inclined), swap lies and have dinner.

Saturday, after breakfast, we will make a run to a winery. In years past we have gone to the Chelan, Winery which also has great food for lunch. We have also taken picnic lunches to a winery near Omak which even had live music. The destination will be 60 to 90 minutes from the SML. We try and get back early enough so people can hit the pool or take nap. In the evening we will meet for dinner at the hotel restaurant (5 Star) in a private dining room called the Wine Cellar for dinner. By the way it is the hotel wine cellar.

I will be polling those attending to see if there is interest in a commemorative shirt for this year’s run. We have not done a shirt for a couple of years and I think it is about time to do one again. Based on past experience, cost will be between $30 and $40 each.

When you make your reservations be sure and say you are with the “NW Cobra Club”. Looking forward to seeing all of you at the “Run To The Sun 2016”!

To check out SML go to Washington State's best destination resort | Sun Mountain Lodge, Resort and Cabins

Dale & Gloria
SPF469

PS-For Ward - Gloria & I will be shipping one car north and hauling another in our car trailer, so no excuses this year.