View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 12:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I really find it hard to believe that Keith Craft did not run the engine and would gave me a fraudulent dyno printout. That would be deception and out-and-out fraud, and quite frankly, could do serious damage to his business. This was not a cheap engine and I have 12 pages of documentation on parts, balancing, dyno results, torque, gap, and spring tension specs, head work, where some of the pages are signed and dated by the person doing the work. To suggest that KC took the dyno results from another engine run, changed the dates and engine type just is not credible without some sort of evidence.
The starting instructions are more of a check list, like pilots are supposed to use before flying. The principle warning is making sure that the timing is correctly set. With the electronic distributor customers have damaged their engines during start up. KC indicates to give them a call if there are questions. All of the concerns that have been voiced here are addressed in the information they sent.
The cam is from Comp Cams and the build sheet lists a hydraulic roller camshaft. Yes, it is sitting in its mounting frame in the crate and is still shrink wrapped. I was told to rotate the engine by hand every two months. They told me that they do not advertise this, but they do assemble Cobras for their customers who purchase engines - everything but the paint, and have assemble around 8-10 Kirkham cars. So, the plans are to ship the engine back to them when I get a car and have them assemble everything.