View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 06:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by *13* View Post
I'm glad people spend tax dollars to go after insignificant hobbyists. I suppose we are just an easy target? Signed
Let me tell you why they do that. I live in northern Ohio and we have to have our cars emissions checked. Our state capital, Columbus, which is now bigger than Cleveland does not.

See, here is how it works. The EPA is required to keep the air, water, etc clean. There really isn't a defined way they have to do it, they just have to do it. So our state decides to exempt the largest polluters from emissions. Now, the air is still dirty, so the EPA has to keep moving down the totem pole to get the air clean. Next thing you know, they are attacking your BBQ grill in the back yard while the smokestack from the steel processing plant a mile away blankets your house with soot is still exempt.

Ohio is ranked #1 in toxic air pollution from coal fired power plants. I have to have my car checked for emissions because our state representatives get huge campaign donations from the utilities. The state says my 2010 car pollutes too much. But the coal plant? Not so much.