View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Wilwood has two-piston calipers that replace the standard Camaro/Impala (1978) steel units. Just measure your rotors, both dia. and thickness. You can also get Hawk pads made for street stock/Late Model stock cars that require stock type calipers that work well on track with 3600 lb cars (check out Speedway Motors catalog or online). You would have no problem with them. As for 5 bolt w/adapters, they look real and work just as good in my opinion. I have them from back when Lynn Park owned the company and have had no problems whatsoever. There are definitely ways to save a few bucks, but there are guys here who buy the best available regardless of cost and spend the big bucks for it. The Jag type rear is very good as long as you're not drag racing, and as noted above, you can get vented rotors for those too. The Jag rear is really easy to remove and repair, more so than you might think. I built my entire unit and installed it with only some tips from Doug. Just realize you are not building a pure race car here, or you would not be asking these questions. Peter and/or Doug at ERA will help with anything you need, either advice or parts procurement. Good luck with your Cobra project.