View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 09:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

I never supplied a bump steer kit to Ian. We never quite saw eye to eye after a few of us suggested some mods to improve his chassis. He never seemed to be interested in any of the improvement we made to the kit.

I have one rear bump kit left on the shelf if you do buy the car.

Square tube cars are a good solid handling car when set up right. Just look at the results from Gav and Phil Mizzi and others over the years. Probably a bit more development in the square tube than the newer round tube cars but round tubes are catching up as people complete them and dial them in.

One thing you will find with Classic Revival cars is they don't often come up for sale. People who build them and own them tend to keep them and that says a lot about them to me.

Dash and Steering wheel are easily changed if you don't like that modern look

Can't do much about the rear dish though without major work to the rear suspension. But with the right wheel choice they can look good. Have a look at the wheels on Gav's Phil Mizzi's, Bejay's, Andrew's and Boxhead's cars. They all look pretty good to me without narrowed rear ends.

I took 2" out of each side of mine and am very happy with the dish now. I also removed about 20KG or more of un-sprung weight. I've contemplated producing a kit but it's a lot of work to make everything and I don't think people would be prepared to pay a reasonable rate for the time and effort involved. I am thinking about designing and producing a CNC machined lower arm instead of the fabricated chrome molly tube arms I currently have. It may be something I'll offer in future if there is enough interest (and only after my own car is back on the road).

Cheers