View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 02:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

I made the 112 mile round trip last night. Was extremely disappointed. I thought Bob B. was picking up the tab and soon after getting our food, he ups and disappears! Waddaschmuck!

Otherwise, had a good time talking to folks and telling lies. The food was good, reasonably priced, plenty of it, and good seating arrangements.

As I was leaving, the Prince of Darkness struck and my headlights wouldn't work. Jeff, Bruce and Jerry (?) and I messed around trying to determine the problem. Someone mentioned trying my hi beams, and voilla, let there be light. For some reason, my stalk mounted dimmer switch was stuck in between hi and lo. I'd been clicking it, without the lights on, the other day, and obviously goofed it up. Not sure, but think ERA uses old style Jag or MG dimmer switches so maybe it inherited Lucas gremlins. Anyway, thanks for all the help and I was glad I didn't need to call AAA. Probably wouldn't have gotten home until midnight, if I had. I'm trying to take every advantage to drive the car during this great weather so went around the West leg of the 101, which added an additional 12 miles to my trip, but it was well worth it. I'm thinking I'll have to try to get to the Tuesday thingy a few more times before hot weather comes. Will try maybe the 17 next time. Might hopefully be better than the 101 up through Scottsdale.