View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 11:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

I've used both style of linkage, and I think they work the same with most manifolds. But not on a manifold where the carbs/TB's are canted. At an angle like that, the end of the rod will not move in a straight line, but in an arc. If you're using a linkage like in your picture, that will be OK because, they'll move in the same arc on both sides. If you have a cross bar, it will move in a straight line, and therefore open at a different rate from one side to the other. It will balance at idle, but the more you open the throttle, the more imbalanced it will become.

CompCalassics and Walter, those hoses have far too much bend in them. They will break down and fail on the inside. That will block fuel flow from one side to the other.

Walter, you would probably do better to eliminate that long cross bar, and connect it to the bell crank. If you measure it, I bet you'll find that they out board ends of the bars do not move in the same arc. It's hard to tell from the picture, so I could be wrong. But I would measure them to be sure.

When I first installed mine, I really struggled with getting everything to move right. In the end, I dumped most of the linkage that came with the kit, and built my own. I paid very careful attention arcs and throttle blade movement, using a dial indicator and digital calipers to measure linear movement. It was tedious work, with lots of trial and error. Made a huge improvement in performance.
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto

Last edited by bobcowan; 03-03-2016 at 11:31 AM..