View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 04:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Viking Blue "64" 289 FIA comp car by Superformance #0002, Keith Craft - 331 (460HP), Jim Inglese - 48IDA Weber carbs, BW T10 4spd.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompClassics View Post
Let's see CSX2345, the ONLY 289 FIA team Cobra to exist in largely non-restored condition has a seat that differs from yours but you have the proper "FIA" seat? The photos that you reference can be broken down like this...

1) Upper left, very hard to see seat, photo of a restored "USRRC" Cobra.

2) Lower left, you used this as a reference for a driver's seat?! You can't even see the seat. By the way I spoke with the SAI team mechanic that was the crew chief for this Cobra and the mechanic that built this Cobra when delivered to SAI and he said that he put the same seat as the other "FIA" Cobras used.

3) Upper right is Ken Miles personal "USRRC" team Cobra, note the dash layout it is unique to this Cobra. This is the seat that was used in subsequent SAI race cars like the comp 427 and the GT350Rs. There were many "one off" features on this Cobra that other Cobras did not receive.

4) Another one of those poor reference photos.
I never implied I had the “proper FIA seat”… only that the overall layout resembled 2323 and thought the photo would serve as a nice example of the Kirkey seat.

But since you thought my last reference photos were “poor” I’m including another one, and this time it's of your golden reference car FIA 2345 at Spa 1964.
Lower left is my Superformance tribute to 2323; right is CompClassics 7000 Series tribute with a seat I guess somewhat replicates what Alan Mann installed in 1965.

I remain hopeful that at least others will find this photo useful in helping them to make an informed decision… and based on their own judgment.

As a side note: I find your comments to be snarky and with little to no substance.

Last edited by LightNFast; 03-24-2016 at 09:32 PM..