View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 11:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default CSX3170 at Scottsdale Goodguys

We took 3170 to Scottsdale for the first event of the year to see how my winter changes worked out. I changed the rear end ratio to a 4.27, redid the front caliper mounts to better fit my floating brake rotors, upped the rear spring rate to 750 lb/", rebuilt the power steering rack and slightly changed the alignment for the event. We are trying to get a handle on what the best set up is for the Shoot Out next November. The car worked perfectly even though it was on some very worn tires from last year that were so bad we finally had to replace them Saturday at noon. The car was turning 8200 at the finish line so gearing is perfect for the tight little Goodguys courses. I modified the throttle body by disconnecting the secondaries because it would blow the tires off as soon as they started to open. The car is much easier to drive now and actually faster on the tiny Goodguys course because Scott can precisely modulate the throttle.
We are trying to run the Goodguys event in Pleasanton on the 19th and 20th of March but I am having eye surgery on this Thursday so have to see how that works out. The car was in first place from the first run to the last and pretty much dominated the field so we are happy. I just got new Bridgestone RE71 R and Rival S tires so the car should be a second faster next time out. We are very happy with the handling now, both power down and turn in are excellent. We are going to try Bridgestone RE71-R 285x30x18's in April to see if we can get more front end grip and reduce our rake angle. I will post the video of a run or two as soon as it is up on YouTube.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5_9FteQ3nuA&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

Last edited by Cobra #3170; 03-09-2016 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: Add Video