Old 03-09-2016, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
When I lived in Colorado I always went to the Good Guys up in Loveland and they had their course set up. Since you seem to be going to a lot of these I wondered if they were uniform so that tuning for one would work for the others. Didn't you drop in on that one last year or the year before? It used to be in June but now Sept.
Yes, we did stop in Colorado on the way home from the National championships in Nebraska last year. Scott had to be at work Monday so we made some runs and left Friday at noon. Scott's time from Friday was never beat but because we could not be there Sunday the award was given to another car that ran Sunday.
Surfaces vary and some courses are much faster but we are trying to optimize the car for Scottsdale so the springs, ride heights, shocks and bars are tuned around that venue. Our set up would allow a second gear start on a normal autox and still have 80+ mph capability so the rear gear change did not hurt us.
We never made one run last weekend without changing something on the set up to gather data for next time. We always tune the chassis for the conditions and have gained as much as 2 seconds doing that.
We were talking to Robby Unser Saturday and he said it was the most difficult driving he had done because you cannot make a mistake and win.