View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 03:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Mike, all good questions and I hope my answers are of help.

Yes AN#8 lines on both diff and trans. Im running NULON Competition Gear Oil 75w140 which costs $45 a freeken qrt!!

The filters are from Golan Products. 10 Micron, KTM & Billet Fuel Filters in California | Golan Products
As per my comment in my earlier email in stock form they are actually a fuel filter and run a 10 micron element. When I went through my car I found these 10 micron elements were still in the housings. Great for fuel but not great for allowing oil to diffs. This is what I meant in my comments regarding fabrication. I remove the element and run just the spring loaded mesh that allows good flow but catches any fine metal frags. I've changed my set up a little as the pumps can be heat sensitive so it goes....diff out...filter....inlet low cooler in...outlet high cooler out...pump in..pump out...and back to inlet side high on diff.
No check valve as basically the pumps run all the time so they find the optimum level (as filled) pretty quick. Important to have a vent to catch can rather than atmo too.
The inlet side of my diff essentially flows directly on the LSD so now need for a direct spray. If the car was running the 12hr I'd be all for it but for what I do and plan to do I think I'll come across a lot more issues first before the diff overheats. Ive set up automated fans to come on the coolers at 95c and switch off at 90c so it'll get plenty of forced flow plus I have carbon shrouds around the coolers that get inducted air from the cars Naka duct while moving.
Hope that is of some help. Come to the Nats this year Mike and have a squizzy!!

Matt