View Single Post
Old 05-09-2002, 04:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 393 stroker, Tremec 3550, about 425 hp, MDA GT40 289
Not Ranked     

Hey Snake,
Something else you might encounter later ( or maybe not), but I'm running 15"x 9" Compomotive rims with 255/60-15 rubber, and when the rear suspension commpresses near to bottoming out, the tires rub the edges of my door latch plates. I don't know if this is only my car or if it has happened to others as well. I haven't done anything to fix it yet, but I plan to take my door latch mounting brackets and fabricate a jig based on the originals, then I'm going to make new ones with more curvature to allow clearance for the tires. Sometimes on really good g-outs I get nice little puffs of smoke from the tires. DV might have a better cure for this. Simply running smaller O.D. tires might cure the problem, but my original CR manual recommended the 255/60-15 tires at all four corners. This is really just a little heads up for a potential glitch. If you'll be working on door hinges, why not take care of the latch area also, right.
good luck,
Jim Downard