View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 05:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Don, its all timing I guess. Back when I bought the car options where limited and more expensive. To get a car the calibre of what I bought here wasn't available for near relative money as the USD AUD was almost parity. Combine that with my previous house with no shed, my work load, some poor external advice and my lack of mechanical ability and understanding all made for the perfect storm. If I had my time again would I do it NO but hindsight is always 20/20 perfect.

I think my car is a great car, but its had issues that time and money needed to sort out. Sure it wasn't good out of the box but believe me the driver needs more than the car. I've watched Paul G and his gocart suffer similar reliability frustrations and I didn't want to feel that I had been gifted with the same stigma as he has been fighting so I decided to get serious.

I think now once I get these latest serious upgrades done there is one more thing to do and look at de-compressing the engine. It needs to lose some of its compression and HP to make less stress on all components including me. That's another job down the track.

I need the car to regain a + reputation rather than just a nice looking car that breaks everytime I pull it out of the trailer. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my car, but its time it gave me back some love cause its been kicking me in the balls for 6 years and Ive had enough of feeling nadded every time I go near a race track! LOL