Thread: Ford GT
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 01:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4145, aluminum body and Shelby aluminum FE stroker
Not Ranked     

Well, Tony already covered things pretty well!

I swapped out my factory supercharger for a 4.0 Whipple last year (after running the pulley and tune for a couple of years), and that certainly upped the excitement factor, but an inexperienced/careless driver can certainly get into enough trouble with a stock one. People who aren't used to the front/rear weight distribution of a mid-engine car tend to get into an accident the first time they try to accelerate hard in any sort of a curve. Especially with the factory Goodyears in colder weather. They are a joy to work on- for most things it is just like any other Ford. Oil changes are a little more complex due to the dry-sump oil system.

Anyway- they are a FANTASTIC car to drive, or just sit and drool at if that is your thing, but that would be a shame. Either way, it's a nice bonus that if you can get one now for anything under $250k, it might even perform decently as an investment. Or at least not lose your A$$ on it if you ever decide to sell it. I got mine right as they were starting to climb rapidly. I think I paid $170k about 3 years ago. Mine is red with white stripes, the most common color combo, so the lowest in the value hierarchy (but the color I wanted!)