View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I was thinking last night a bit more about this topic.

I'd not had a great start to race car ownership. Having 1/2 shared with Scotty for a year or 2 I took the plunge and bought my own car out from the states. It was a handful (trying writing with your opposite hand!) and after my first outing the engine needed a rebuild. Ouch. Apart from the disappointment of that the learning curve needed was almost beyond me (I'm no grease monkey) and I'm not afraid to say its had me in tears on the odd occasion.

Not afraid to say it got me pretty down and I ended up spending a few hours with a head doctor to talk about it. She said, what are YOU REALLY worried about? And I said crashing!!!

She said, 99% of things you worry about never happen, and when they do, you worry about it then...not before.

So off I went thinking I'll be right, just persist it'll be fine yadda yadaa.

On my fist out lap after having bedded the engine on the dyno the day before post engine rebuild this happens..... I'd love to say it was driver error but as you can see...sometimes it can just happen.

After the engine rebuild, learning curve, crash, and multiple failures Im still going because I want to be as good as ""I" can be at driving and I want the car to perform as it should.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Obom8LUQzk&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

This is the reason I now have motorsport insurance me and my car! when Im on track

My life would be simple without cars and motorsport, I'd have a lot more money but I'd be BORED and relatively unchallenged. My race car and I have a lot to achieve and I'm making every effort to avoid giving up too early. LOL

Last edited by spookypt; 05-04-2016 at 06:04 PM..