View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 01:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Been a while since an update.

Hand brake setup is all done and turned out really good. You may have already seen this in the machine shop thread but I'll add a couple of pics for continuity.

The current thing I'm working on is the paneling for the underside of the chassis. These panels are to clean up the open areas on the sides of the chassis. They are bolted to the underside using nutserts and countersunk Allen head bolts for a smooth finish.

I've mounted the Oil cooler assembly for the diff on the passengers side and machined ventilation holes for air to get in and out. The cooler is fan forced so will get plenty of air through it even though it's not in the direct airflow. I thought about putting a scoop in there but wanted a smooth underside with as few things as possible to snag on anything.

Clearance was tight and I had to modify the fan assembly slightly to ensure adequate airflow through it.

The ventilation slots turned out pretty good and it was a fun machining project. I've got some expanded metal mesh to fit to stop any rocks going in through the holes and rattling round in there.

Next job is getting all the plumbing hooked up between the diff, the pump and the cooler.

Cheers

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 04-19-2016 at 01:14 AM..