View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 06:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Not Ranked     

I had a similar issue. It's all to do with the angles and stuff.

I removed the radiator mount bolts from the radiator brackets (the radiator forces the nose extensions 'out'). I also had to remove the lower nose extension panel. This all allowed me to 'squeeze' the nose extension panels together a bit.

You need to keep those hi nose tabs above and behind the extension panels, which is tricky because the body has to be held up, the mid firewall tabs kept above the firewall, and the rear lifted too. The door sills must be kept flexed out at this point too. You may also need to flex the bottom of the nose section of the body out a bit too at this point.

Then lower the nose enough for those tabs to click outside the extension panels, slide the body forward and down.

Or something like that. Easier with a few more bods. Probably even easier, in hindsight, to unbolt the extension panels and drop the radiator before refitting the body perhaps.

Anyway, it all went back together ok in the end! It may be heaps easier for the guys at Pace HQ as they've done it heaps more times!