Thread: Wheel Alginment
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 01:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesaway View Post
...They corrected the toe but weren't able to or were unwilling to sort the front castor and camber which are vastly different left to right. Then on the weekend a friend of my uncles was looking at the car and noticed that there was an obvious difference in the camber of the rear wheels as well. So this too needs to be corrected...
Hi Andrew

Be aware that on a number of the older kits where the Jag arms were used there may not be any 'adjustment' available.

read on if you've got the Jag front end...

The location and orientation of the upper arms is set by the mounting point on the frame and, influenced by the choice of upper arms - is largely responsible for setting the caster and camber.

There are a number of threads on here about different series of jag upper arms and what they do.

You need to educate yourself on what your car has and what it is supposed to have (in terms of suspension arms) and the available remedies before you go to the shop.

To fix my caster and camber I had to saw off the mounting points and re-attach them. - I thought - Turns out there are less drastic options available.

LoBelly