View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 05:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

Not much of an up date of progression, but more of removal of the old and prepare for the new or modified. Please note, there are no sexy motivational pics here.

First was the dash, now if you look at the dash pic below (look really carefully) , you may be able to see an access panel to get to the wiring and back of gauges (check second pic with panel open). Anyway, i didn't really like what I saw and trying to trace wires was somewhat difficult. The wires were hard and brittle and the insulation split when I bent some to move. Once removed, the back of the dash was no prettier. There were nearly 100 zip ties all through the wiring with a number of these just around 1 wire.

My plan was to tidy up the engine bay wires a bit, however this was best stripping out all wires and start a fresh. this way I can run what circuits I want, hide wires and also know what it what.

Dash out and this opened up another issue of an abundance of holes in the firewall in what appeared to be Steady Eddies first attempt using a drill. There are holes in what feels like everywhere. Have started filling these to be sanded and painted over. Will also make a panel to cover the firewall and other parts.

I was also starting to work with the dropped footbox by cutting out the floor enough to suit. The left hand outrigger will also be cut and welded to have an angled side on it so its more comfortable for the side of my foot when not using the clutch.

And finally the front UCA mounts and shock mounts were cut off. This pic shows that the upper shock mount was a washer welded to some thin plate. Also looks like the plate was cut with a tractor as there is bugger all finesse to this.

Last edited by leroy17; 05-05-2016 at 05:59 AM..