Old 05-08-2016, 12:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Roadster
Neutral     
Default Screw size

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASO544 View Post
Notice my pipes has a weird noise from pipes when idling or when I let off after accelerating. Not really a heavy metallic rattle but a kinda odd loose metal vibrating sound that does come from inside the pipes. After a search about this, I used Stainless Steel Self Drill Screws ( 10x1) and placed 2 in each pipe about 6" from the front and rear ends of the bulged area. I tapped them all the way in to try and snug the baffle if that was the culprit. I also tightened all bolts on the shields and the 2 rings underneath each pipe just to be thorough. Sadly, I still have that weird noise under idle and deceleration when clutch is not engaged.

Did I use too small a screw? Place them in the wrong place? Not enough screws? It seems for most the solution worked as I'm sure I have the same issues with noisy side pipes as other with 2013 builds.

Any ideas or help is always greatly appreciated.

Build #1210
Roush 427R
TKO 600
1300 miles
I had similar problem with my FFR pipes (302). I used longer SS self taping screws of about 2". I could feel them grab the baffle ok and definitely quieted then down. Might last a year...