View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 08:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2004 Kirkham 427 Roadster. New BBM Sideoiler Block, 484 cu. in. built by Valley Head & Racing Engines, Northridge CA. installed 3/20/2016
Not Ranked     

Mike,
Since I live out west of the 303, I went personally to the Buckeye DMV, and the same day I went to the Avondale office. I had my Kirkham "Certificte of Origin" and the Washington State title. Got turned down at both places for the temporary permit.
Maybe because the Scottsdale office deals with buyers of highend imported & exotic autos and collector cars, they have a clue about the fact that not all Vin#'s. are 17 digets. At the Buckeye office, the gal called a MVD supervisor somewhere to get direction about this, and was told 17 didgets only!!

I guess if you have an original 1965 427 Cobra with a Vin# CSX3XXX you'd be SOL getting a Temporaray 3 Day permit?

Hope you get the charging system figured out. If you figure out the alternator is putting out with a Voltmeter by testing the positive terminal to ground with the engine running, buy a new regulator at O'reilly (they are Cheap) and carry on.
If that is the problem, and you want to replace the O'Rielly regulator with a correct Autolite piece try RockAuto online or Mustangs Unlimited, a little more pricey.

Bruce