View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 09:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 428, 4 speed Toploader, Jag rear, Red with White stripes
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonC View Post
Don't overlook draining the block. I get close to as much water out of the block as I do out of draining the radiator.
There are two drain plugs (one on each side) on the bottom of the block. Make sure any wrench you use to remove them fits well as I think they're brass and you don't want to strip the heads and, if they've never been out, they may be a bit stubborn.
I replaced both of my block drains with the same type of uncrewable plugs as there are on the radiator the first time I drained the system to make things easier on subsequent drains.
DonC
Definitely not Don,
I have full plans on draining the block and doing a flush, followed up by multiple drain and fills. l could do as Patrick suggested with the garden hose in the expansion tank with the thermostat removed, run until totally clear.Then do a total drain including the block. Then fill with distilled H2o/ antifreeze mix and one bottle of water wetter.

I am a little afraid of touching those block drains, so I may do what this guy did to avoid them but sill achieve the same results.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s--5ft5YiHg[/ame]

Thanks...Dave
ERA#698 428, 4 speed Toploader, 3:31 Jag rear