View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 12:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
No, it's not the coil either. Let me get this straight: If you put a timing light on plug #2 or #6 and crank or run the engine the light blinks normally. But if you do that for any of the other six cylinders you get no blink, indicating no current at all through those spark plug wires, correct?
I would go back to Patrick's question first, do you have current at all lot the wires? It seems odd that the second two cylinders are the only ones firing. I will have to think about that one for a while and get back to you. I would say to check plugs to verify that they all are good, they are quite fragile and if dropped can stop working correct, but the odds that the only two good plugs ended up across from each other is not likely.

2 & 6 are right next to each other on the cap. I wonder if something is wrong with the cap? Phil, I think that you need to rule out one thing at a time. My guess would be more electrical than mechanical, unless somehow when the engine revved real high the timing chain slipped or somehow the distributor gear slipped. But that does not seem likely. Did you hit the rev limiter when the engine over revved? Could there be something that needs to be re-set in the MSD box? It would not seem likely that something would have to be re-set.

Last edited by 1795; 05-15-2016 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: thought of something