View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

A bit has happened over the past few months.
First one I guess is what was being transformed into my lined shed/cave has taken a back step.
The Brother in law left so I finally got my donga back and we have told people who have asked that it is no longer a rental accommodation.
So I finally have a proper office, it has been names "BoxOffice"
So I have done some painting, removed the stove (as I have a BBQ outside) and set it up as my office/cave.
Bought some old Atari gear and analogue tv, this will end up in a period painted 44 gallon drum in Castrol or Shell colours, so if anyone can confirm how either of these where painted and labeled in 1970, I would be grateful.

Mildred and I went across to Dubbo for the Toyota Nationals at Easter time.
Picked up an award and had an interview with Toyota for there online site (I haven't looked for a link yet).

I have also bitten the bullet and bought the ultimate in JDM Mags that suit Mildred.
These are called Hayashi Yayoi (Sakura = Cherry Blossum)
1 pair is all restored and ready to go, second pair I need to get restored.
But they stopped making these in my size in about 1986, so hard to find.

On my trip to Dubbo, I called in past Melbourne and picked up most of what is my "Cadbury" Valiant Pacer.
This is not mine, this is the last one built.

Here is the correct engine.

Mine is the second last car off the production line, and special ordered by Cadbury Chocolates and given to there Adelaide rep in 1971 for highest sales.

Also just a few weeks ago Mildred was in a photoshoot for RedCentre nats advertising.

I also just recently purchased a 1966 Corona, this car is in very good condition and will most likely end up being exported to Arizona USA.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.