View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 05:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modena View Post
The fundamental problem with the UTQG rating is that it is set by each manufacturer. Yes they decide their own ratings, with little oversight or standards. In my opinion this makes it a terrible comparison between tyres.
..etc...
I think it is true to say that using the UTQG has issues and would be an step down from having a set tyre.

However - It is very easy to pick apart any single parameter class.

Looking at the HotRod article it seems to me that there are a range of tyres that meet the objectives of the class and have relatively similar performance, enabling entrants to make choice that suits them and perhaps allows them to at least get *something* that lets them into the suitable class.

I think by the time you get to the Nationals it will not matter that much to the various class entrants - its basically about being able to have a go against your mates and maybe get some bragging rights (and if you're lucky on the day a plakky trophy)

I think it is better to have a slightly imperfect class than one that is too difficult to enter or run.

ta
LoBelly