View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

I looked around on Wolfems.com

All there options seem to delete the MAF and convert to MAP. They seem to cater to the needs of drag racers. Racers are interested in making as much power as they can, and are not interested in everyday driving manors. That would concern me.

In the US, Mustang 5.0 last year to use MAP was 1988. I know GM and other manufacturers stayed with MAP way longer than Ford, but I think they have all moved to MAF, now.

MAP cannot handle wild cams. If your manifold vacuum is lower at idle than it runs above idle, MAP systems cannot make sense of that. MAP is estimating the air flow based on throttle position and MAP. At least that is my understanding.

I have no idea what ECU went into the Australian market. In the US, up to about 1996 Ford used the EEC 4, after that it was the EEC 5. Moates quarterhorse chip can be use on these, provided there is a Bin file that someone has figured out for you.

I have a Mustang 1989-1993 EEC 4 A9L ECU. The quarterhorse chip let's you do anything you want. Look on Moats.net and see if this would work for you.

Last edited by olddog; 05-22-2016 at 08:18 AM..