View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 11:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Some good and bad advice there.

An ls swap would need to come with a frontal lobotomy, oh and a Chebby badge to be fully sic, but as I can't afford one of those at the moment, I will have to stick with the Windsor.

The Wolf option did arise from talking with the club's resident dyno tuner who was the indicator that the wolf model identified, V550, is just a plug and play module for the ford. He is also a Wolf agent - lol

However I've busily dried up most funds I had and the $2100 odd cost for a new ECU wont see me starting any time soon.

I know of the exact same model I need for no more than $1200. It is is a couple of years old and has only resided in one car with a turbo 6 cylinder engine I think. But that's about the only history knowledge I have.

Anyway I'm guessing there is a bit of work changing settings and I don't believe there'd be any locked features but as an electronic item a few years old, does this pose any great risk of failure?

Clearly am at risk without a new item warranty but really what could go wrong with a second hand ECU?