View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 428, 4 speed Toploader, Jag rear, Red with White stripes
Not Ranked     

Dan,
Yes I tried that but it is to awkward positioning wise and the wrenches are all different. also no leverage. I tried matching the 20 lbs. You would be shocked on what 20lbs feels like on smaller wrenches. That fuel log is really a PITA but I love the way it looks.
I believe the 35 lbs might be for steel manifold and heads. if somebody could chime in on the Torque for Aluminum parts that would be great. I may even contact Edelbrock for the correct figure. I have aluminum for the manifold and the heads

Brent,
That is because you are seasoned mechanic and you have that feel from doing these jobs a million times!

DonC
I tried the crows foot, no way.

Mongoose,
Yes, I am just like you, I torque everything, and I mean everything unless it is impossible like all the rear caliper hardware. That pic of the dog-bone is what I will try next. i will have to go buy one. I have every size but 3/8. I must have misplaced it because I know I had one. I teach torque so I do know how to do the calculation formula.
i just went and simulated it using a 7/16 dog-bone, no way that is going to work, that fuel log is in the way. I think my only chance is with a 12 pt short crows foot with the carb removed. That sucks because I just put the freshened up carb on last week

Thanks everyone for the input so far...that is what makes the forum community so great!
Dave
ERA#698 428, 4 speed Toploader, 3:31 Jag rear