View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 09:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by blykins View Post
Well, with that logic, you *can* buy *real* FE engines for the same or less money than a small block.
(Where? you mean a 390 built to fool the public into thinking it's a 427 side oiler?)

I just don't see why you would pay for a small block Ford and then make a feeble attempt to make it look like an FE ....when you could have bought an FE to start with.

I understand that replicas are replicas, but bolting FE parts on small blocks to try and fool the public and pass it off as another engine is just absurd to me.
Well, in my case - for just one example - I bought my near basket case replica down here with a Chevy 383 stroker already installed. when I rebuilt it with all new parts and wiring from Unique Motorcars, I thought about converting to an FE and Ford drivetrain, but with our import duties and tariffs it would've cost me 3 times as much as you would pay in the US.

The Chevy stroker has been strong, ultra reliable and runs like a scalded cat, so the conversion is simply not worth it as far as I'm concerned. I like the look of the black finned Cobra valve covers (without the "powered by Ford" script) and if I can find an adapter, I will bolt them on.

Not trying to fool anybody - just doing what pleases me without giving a fat rat's ass if it puts someone else's nose out of joint. Feel free to do as you please with your own car and your own money.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 05-29-2016 at 09:16 AM..