Old 05-29-2016, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
Wrong on the edit, fixed a typo "build" to "built".

As for the rest, I think you are a little clueless about the reasons for going with FE covers on a SBF.

1. For some the FE pentroof cover just looks better than a SBF cover. If that suckers the "experts" then the joke is on them isn't it.
2. As these are freakin' replicas isn't that the idea - make it look like something it isn't.
3. Some replicas are designed for a SBF and not a BB - and done so for a reason, look at the replicas makers biased toward the track environment.

Just because your bread & butter is building FEs, that doesn't make it the smart choice, and for many it isn't. But making your replica look the part is the common thread and done to varying degrees by all.
There are pentroof SBF valve covers out there that don't require trying to make an engine into something it's not.

Also, just because all of this is your opinion doesn't make me clueless. I get that you have FE envy. I had it too and went through all the same steps with my own Cobra. It initially had a Windsor. I stroked it and got as close as I could to 427 inches just because, you know, that's the magic number. Went through all the same mental exercises that you're going through, trying to make my Cobra play the part. In the end, I sold the 425W and built a 428FE for it.

Last edited by blykins; 05-29-2016 at 11:56 AM..