View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex owner of a polished Kirkham 427 S/C. Now Cobra-less and driving a mid-engine German hot rod.
Not Ranked     
Default 482 From Craft Performance Engines

I believe that when someone does great work, you should tell others - and when their work does not meet your standards, you should tell them.

So it is in this spirit that I wanted to pass on an endorsement of and thank you to Lance Smith and his team at Craft Performance engines. Early this year Lance delivered a Pond block 482 FE to me for my Kirkham, along with a TKO600, bell housing, and clutch assembly. Everything was shipped on the schedule he promised, and worked great right out of the box. I now have just under 200 miles on the engine - it starts well, runs strong, and has ZERO leaks. Lance and his team have also provided great support, answering questions quickly and comprehensively.

It is a challenge to build any complex, low volume assembly such as a custom engine consisting almost entirely of parts sourced from other suppliers. Good out of the box quality requires robust standard work to ensure consistency in the cleaning, building, testing and inspection steps, leaving as little as possible to chance. While my experience is a sample size of one, it has been a good one.

Mike