View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodeeny View Post
I saw your car in 427 CobraCountry. It is a very nice car and fairly priced but I am looking for a car without racing stripes, side exhaust, roll bar and hood scoop. A street car.
I don't blame you - street cars are very nice. They are very difficult to find on the used market. There was one on Cobra Country this winter, but it was $79K I believe. It also had a hood scoop (blue car). I've been looking for a Street 427 ERA for 2 years and finally found one - my birthday present to myself last week.

I had considered converting my red car to street car (interior is already there as it's a street dash and such). I also have the lower exhaust cutout pieces from another car that could be worked in with some additional body work to cover the exhaust holes. Roll bar holes can be dealt with at the same time and then paint same color or color of your choice. ERA will sell you a new hood for about 600 and the under car exhaust is about 900 including headers last time I checked. The dual carb setup will clear the hood without a scoop. The paint on my car is just way too nice, that I couldn't bring myself to do it. Still, it's worth considering paying only around $1500 for parts plus body work and paint to get exactly what you want and still save money and time.

Last edited by 66gtk; 06-02-2016 at 07:12 PM..