View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane - FE
Not Ranked     
Default Just hoping

Using a distributor, the timing curve is relatively simplistic, going to 38degrees (or whatever max is) at 3000 rpm. Changing springs changes how fast it comes in and to what degree.

A timing table offers 625 different resolution points to tweak the timing. I was hoping there was someone else out there with an EightStack FE that would share his table, to help cut down my workload on getting it setup.

I've posted a copy of my timing table which is ultra conservative. I've also posted pictures of the system. It runs great, looks great and starts like a dream. I enjoyed my Webers, but this just takes all the effort out of that style system.

The ECU is a Performance Electronics PE3. It is self learning system and I have progressed far enough in tuning that it is doing it's thing but hasn't made any major changes. In touch with the manufacturer and the initial tune was done by them. I am just tweaking.

If you want something that runs great, gets good gas mileage and draws a lot of looks, EightStack and Performance Electronics is highly recommended. I took a few extra pains to hide the wiring so to the typical looker, it just looks like a set of Webers.

Dimis, ask away. I am happy to share my experiences. I started with a running Weber 48IDA system (Blue Thunder manifold with vacuum plenum), took the Webers off and put on the EightStack units. TPS is mounted on the passenger rear carb. Added MAP sensor, two O2 sensors, Barometer sensor, MSD ProBillet distributor as a sync method, Idle Air Control to the vacuum manifold. Lot of work but well worth it. You can't believe how well it runs and starts. 16.5 mpg and I haven't tweaked the timing yet! And the Torque curve is almost flat, starting at 2200 all the way to 5500. It pulled well before, now it really gets with it.

Talk to Dale Schaller at EightStack about putting one on yours.

Paul
Attached Images

Last edited by PaulProe; 06-02-2016 at 08:17 PM..