View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 12:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 428, 4 speed Toploader, Jag rear, Red with White stripes
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
Dave -

From what I can find out the center intake bolts are 2-5/8 inch long. If anyone knows any differently please chime in.

So you would probably be looking for 3 inch studs or possibly a 3-1/4 inch stud. ARPs site is hard to navigate for an exact bolt or stud but on Dorman's site I found these that look pretty close.

Dorman Products - 675-006

I found these on the McMaster web site. You can pretty much find any combination of length, fully threaded or partially threaded stud on it.

McMaster-Carr

ARP would be the most likely to have a stud with allen head recess or a screw driver slot in the top. If you have a dremel it would be pretty easy to add a screw driver slot to the top. I would probably install them with some blue thread locker to secure it in the block.

Just based on my motor I can't see how positioning the fuel log slightly higher should create an issue. If the fuel log is hard piped to an OEM type canister filter the line fittings would need to be loosened to re-position it and then re-tightened.
Thanks for the sources Dan. I was going to start tomorrow by calling ARP. As I said, I am also thinking of pulling the (2)12 points and get (2) 6 points. would you know the grade of the steel and is 3/8-16 the correct thread or were you just giving me an example?. Of course they are going to have to be black so they match the other fasteners. Of course if if I do your stud idea, the nuts will have to be black. Sucks being Anal!!!
Yes, I agree, raising the fuel log should not be an issue. I just looked at it and I think just shorter fuel bowl lines will be it.. Of course the nuts holding down the log will be right next to the runner and the log will still be in the way to torque them to 15 lbs as suggested. These however I am not worried about and "Good n Tight" should be fine just to hold down the log!
ERA#698 428, 4 speed Toploader, 3:31 Jag rear

Last edited by davids2toys; 06-05-2016 at 12:59 PM..