View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 01:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1867 , KC427
Not Ranked     

My car has a 427 built by Keith. Motor now runs perfect but I had less than stellar rwhp dyno results. My crank dyno was 590HP and 570TQ. My car made made something like 360hp and 350tq at the tires. We pulled the air filter off the car on the dyno and made a pull and it made a whopping 1 hp less.

After getting the car home we found what we thought was an inadequate fuel pump and fuel system. The fuel system was replaced, plugs and wires were replaced and the MSD chip was changed from 6000rpm to 7000rpm. We also changed the springs in the distributor so that the advance would come in much sooner. The car now pulls much harder but I have not stuck it back on a dyno. I also have 2" headers which I think are a major TQ killer on my size motor. If the average guy got in my car and took off he would **** his pants and probably crash.....I'm just a power freak and want more. It takes big power to make close to 500rwhp in one of these things on a mustang dyno. I think you would need around crank hp 675-700hp