View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 04:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mustand and Dynojet dynos should really be used more for tuning than for dictating your horsepower output. I recently had my car "tuned" at a facility that had a Mustang dyno. The results were what I considered a bit pathetic. I contacted a friend of a friend that has run the dyno room at an automotive facility near me and asked him why the numbers were so low. He gave me quite the dissertation on dynos. blykins is correct. Dynos hate cobras...especially cheap dynos. No weight in the rear, IRS, high hp, and small rollers make dynos not work real well as they cannot hold the car down. If they have not grooved the rollers on the dyno, there is a real good possibility the tires were slipping.

I took my car to another facility that had a Horiba dyno which is used to give automotive manufacturers certified results for driveline testing. I did nothing to the car since the tune. I magically gained 60 RWHP and about the same in torque. Better dyno and the fact it is calibrated all the time can make huge HP gains.