View Single Post
Old 05-13-2002, 11:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Default Requirements??

Chip,
This was covered earlier in this thread, but the basic requirements are helmet(they rent them at the track- around$10 or so, maybe less), a good set of seat belts, and an overflow catch can to keep any fluids off the track( if you have an expansion tank with an overflow hose that vents to the ground, just rinse out a plastic bottle & attach it to a cross member- tape, zip locks,etc) and a long sleeved shirt/coat. I am going to assume we will have some sort of "tech" check in, but it will probably be pretty simple since we ARE NOT going to be racing each other, but ARE going to be learning how to control our cars at speed without fear of running into anything/anyone. We need to be at the track by 2:00pm, but I plan to get there closer to 12:00/1:00pm.
To get to Motorsport Ranch from Dallas, I will be taking I-30 to 360, 360 south to I-20, then stay on I-20 South around Ft. Worth and exit highway 377 south to Benbrook/Alvarado. Approximately 28 miles later, after you pass the Pate flight museum on the East side( you absolutely can't miss the planes!!) you will cross a RR Track & come to a Stop light in the town of Cresson. After you proceed South through the light approximately 300-400 yards or so, look for the Motorsport Ranch signs on the East side(left) "just before" the road" Y's" back to divided, cross left over the yellow stripes into the entrance to the track & follow the entrance
snaking up the hill to the track.
I will get Bobby W. to post a map, & my cell # is 214-202-4577.
Stretch, get the motor in & put a few hundred miles on it & git yo-self up heah!!!
John R.