View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 06:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
Sounds nice, but you may want to check on the "no side view mirrors" thought. Not sure what the motor vehicle department requires in NC, but my guess is that most states require at least one side view mirror in addition to the rear view mirror. If it is required, you want that installed before the inspection process.
mmmm, good point. After reading your post I immediately thought about motorcycles in NC, they must have rear view mirrors to pass inspection. Good stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
I agree with Lippy - unless you have basically an unlimited budget, plan to use the car for competition, or plan to put a bunch of miles on it each year - it's hard to pony up for the ERA suspension. I bleed my in-board brakes from underneath with speed bleeders installed. Anything more than that and the seats rear access panel will have to come out or as suggested above - pull the whole cradle.

You can consider a windshield mounted side-rear view mirror if you decide later you need one. They provide better visibility anyway.

Congratulations.
25 years in the Army (ret) doesn't put me in the category of those having an unlimited budget So, yes I will be watching pennies. And yes, for me, seals, maintenance, leaks, and tweaks is what im looking forward to. Im not interested in a car that has lifetime fluids, is dead quiet, and drives like im on a couch. That's what a Buick is for.

I like the windshield option depending on the placement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66gtk View Post
I've had both the leather and vinyl on the ERAs. Both are very nice - the vinyl will remain looking new for a long long time, and the leather will age nicely with some patina. Your choice, but you already made the right one going with an ERA. Sounds like a great build and you are going to love it! I've never had one with the ERA rear, but for the street the standard rear is more than adequate. I've serviced the brakes on a handful of these, but have not had to change pads or rotors myself. Bleeding the brakes requires some "bending" of the body and it's not exactly a fun job, but it's not the end of the world, either. Most people have a budget, so selecting your options carefully to remain in your budget is all part of the game. That's one of the great things about ERA - you can build it the way you want, but they won't let you screw up the car - even with all the standard features (:
Agreed, I've had a few cars with leather, and its awesome for about 6 years, then it begins to look bad. At least with vinyl, it will retain its beauty until one day it cracks up, begins to scar your legs, and tear your clothes.