View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 05:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     
Default A little more progress

So I now have the top bolted on. Still havent machined up the ferrules, so it is just bolted through the fibreglass so far with 5mm bolts - these will eventually bolt into the threaded ferrules. Made up 4 S\S brackets that have just been epoxied to the top so far - I will glass over them later. The top feel solid as a rock once bolted down and seals very nice against the body.

The latch mechanism is close to finished as well. Just need to do the striker plate. The guides that came with the locking rods were a bit ordinary so I bought a couple of linear bearings, gutted the inside, and printed off a couple of inserts on the 3d printer at work to suit the diameter of the rods. When it is all done the frame and brackets will all be glassed over.

Once the ferrules and latch are finished, and its bolted in final position I will back off the windscreen bolts and tighten back up to take any tension off. Then its body work time and cleaning up the inside. Getting a nice finish on the inside of the hatch is going to be a challenge. Also want to do a mould to slump some plexi over for the hatch - I think it will fit and look better then trying to force a bend in a flat sheet. We have a big oven in the art department that might come in handy.

Last edited by Tenrocca; 06-22-2016 at 05:48 AM..