View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 11:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHNCO View Post
Like I said, come over the GT40 forum if you would like feedback from less angry people

Or those that don't have a bone to pick with Superformance...
I'm not angry. I just don't buy the BS, whether it's SPF or a politician. And I'm a GT40s member, but meh, why bother. I'm not going to troll the SPF Forum and call their kit a kit.

The Superformance site states that their GT40 is not a kit, though it doesn't come with an engine and transmission, say like their SPF Cobras or my Kirkham. That's just a SALES PITCH to buy their roller for $110,000 +/-.

But it's a definitely a kit and un-registerable since it's not a complete car when purchased by the customer. We can debate the level of completeness, but whether you purchase a Factory Five Cobra and build it yourself with donor Mustang parts or purchase a turnkey minus from Kirkham, SPF, ERA, etc., all these cars are registered as specially-constructed vehicles/kit cars here in CA. That's the law. Superformance cannot legally sell me a complete car.

All the SPF GT40 owners in the world can disagree with me, but it's still not going to make the SPFGT40 a complete car when sold. Either you complete the kit in your garage or let Olthoff Racing do it for you.