View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 04:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR Cobra 3169
Not Ranked     

I has to do a IM 240 drive test. Accelerate get it up to 100 k's slow down etc. We got the cats really hot and that dropped only 2% . So the cats really make a difference, even with LPG. I argued with the inspectors because the kit was bought in 2002 so it would only need to meet a idle test level. They wanted me to prove all that. Which I did, then they sent me all the requirements, and they still wanted a full drive test. I tried leaning it of, etc but didn't make much difference. Sometimes I think I should have just bought a second hand Cobra.
I had to stamp the vin number on the chassis and get it inspected, just for that. They got me to take it of the trailer etc, just so they can lift the bonnet and look at a number. Then I have to the all the lane tests etc within 3 months and get it fully inspected. If I don't then quote. "I have to this all over again" I said, what, just check the vin number. What the? Is that going to magically dissapear after 3 months.
JD
It's not often that people have to deal with government departments, but when you do, you really wonder how they actually run a whole country.
JD